View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:24 PM

300d oil leaks and overheating as well as engine knock

Those are the 2 main oil leaks that I found. I lifted the car over the weekend and degreased the whole engine with a pressure cleaner. Now after about 75 miles I took the car to a shop and put it on a lift to see where my leaks are. Just trying to get an idea of the scope of work to fix these leaks. I have also noticed that if I get on the gas before the engine fully heats up I get a cloud of blue smoke the first time I mash the gas but if I do it again it just lets out a little grey smoke. My dad seems to think that the knocking/overheating may me caused by an injector that is damaged and putting too much fuel into the engine but I feel like that would cause more black smoke behind the car. Performance on the car is excellent, very peppy. The valve adjustment was done, I flushed the cooling system and burped the system (made a slight difference) but the car will still reach 100 degrees with the AC off. Now when it goes over 90 I turn the heat on to keep the car at 85-90 degrees but in Florida it's a bit rough with the heat we have here. The thermostat was also changed. Ideas? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated