View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Well, I think we have made decision to have shop do the repairs. We went over car today, and everything else is solid. Shop will try and keep costs below $2000. I will do some prep work and if hours start to get too high, I will do finishing work too.

I advertised car for $1200 and had several buyers for car within a day! Had to take add off after 24hrs! Seeing I don't really need this car, I should have probably asked a bit more and sold it!

I will try and post some pictures of the repairs.
I had a second guy who offered to buy at $1500. I should have accepted.

Today, I almost completed stripping the floor pans and part of the footwell/firewall covering where repairs are needed. While doing this, I chhecked the area along the outside edge of teh firewall. Driver side OK - just needs some touchup with POR. But on passenger side, there is serious rust at the corner where interior panel (that EGR mounts on) joins the firewall. Looking at this, it seems it is behind the plastic wheel well liner that my 85 has.

Looks like a couple of inches each side of teh join should be replaced. WElder will know, but does anyone here know whether this can be repaired withour removing fender?

Fenders are relatively new. Any big deal to take them off to gain access?
Attached Thumbnails
Another rust related question-upperpassengersidefootwell.jpg   Another rust related question-lowerpassengersidefootwell.jpg   Another rust related question-123floorpanpassside2.jpg