View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 PM

560 SEL newbie with questions!

Hey everyone; I just purchased a 1990 560 SEL to replace a totaled 85 300D (R.I.P!!) This is a great car! I have a few questions, though about some things that I hoped someone might be able to help with:

1. The AC and heat work fine, but I notice that, while the temperature of the air coming from the main vents on the dash is consistent with that indicated on the "wheel switch," the air from the rear vent on the back of the center console blows cool (i.e. not warm when heating, and not cold when using AC). Any thoughts as to what's wrong?

2. There are two vacuum lines coming out of the center area of the engine (i.e. from under the air filter housing area) side by side which terminate on what looks like some sort of check valve that I found resting on the frame between the ABS housing and the hydraulic fluid chamber (i.e. right above the driver's side wheel well. I need to post a pic, I know, and will do so, but perhaps someone out there knows off-hand what this is, what it's for and where it "plugs" in to....

3. I understand this car has one or two amps, which may be located under the rear seat. This car has the reclining rear seat; is there a sticky on how to remove this rascal? I need to install an after-market head unit, and would like to tie in to the amp(s), but certainly don't want to screw up the rear seat operation. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance; I look forward to getting this car back to some form of its former glory with the help of the Forum!