View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM

I think you will more than likely need to source (I believe) a new armrest. If you get the panel off you should be able to determine what these tabs ( I used to call them "fingers") are part of. It has been awhile, I want to say you will need an armrest to get the unbroken fingers.

Yep the Sprite was a fun project, but to me the fun was mostly the restoration and trying to get it all correct. It was kind of the oddball, the early Sprite with none of the real character of the Frogeye but none of the advantages of the later cars, like rollup windows or outside door handles. Of course it had a trunk lid, so that was nice, compared to diving behind the seats for the spare tire and so forth. But the flip side was that the Frogeye looked more sporty without a trunk lid. Mine still had the 948 engine similar to the Frogeye and the smooth-case trans which was identical to the Frogeye except the ratios were a tad different, no 1st gear synchro and lousy synchros on the other gears.
I did luck out in finding one with a relatively solid body, so saved a lot in rust repair. I guess it came up from the southern US.
Gilly