View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM

OM617 water injection kit?

Hey guys,

I want to set up a water injection system on my 1984 300D turbo. I've read all of the threads I can find on the subject. I've read a lot about how people have put them in and what can be expected from running it, but that's all I can find.

I'm very interested in doing this. I've found a lot of threads about people who have them and what results they get, but I cannot find any good threads about how to put one together or install. I know you need a container for the water, some kind of small water pump, and a nozzle.

That's about as vaugley as I understand it. I've read that some people say the nozzle is pretty basic, and others who say the nozzle needs to be pretty specific. These are the details I could use help with.

I'm not expecting a major performance increase, but I've read that water injection, over time, can really help clean the engine out and get it running a bit better, this is what i'm on for.

Does anyone know of a kit for this that might be useful? Or who can maybe link me up to some stuff that I can buy to do a DIY kit?

Thanks guys!