View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:04 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsionbar View Post
this is standard procedure. if the other guy hits you, then yes its his fault. but if you swerve and crash on your own, then he's off the hook and the crash is your own fault.

it's a tough lesson, but glad you weren't injured.

consider attending a high performance driving clinic at your local race track. many car clubs put them on, for a very modest fee. our local porsche club does one twice per year. they teach you, in your own car, about the handling and braking limits, and how the car behaves at the limits. threshold braking, understeer, oversteer, etc. it's very educational, and even quite fun. it's a private controlled environment, so you can experience spinning and sliding in your car and do things that are generally not legal on public roads.

https://pcapotomac.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=293:fall-high-performance-driving-clinic&catid=2:drivers-education&Itemid=137
I agree with this. i also recommend SCCA autocross competition. Its a lot cheaper than going to the track and you're a lot less likely to injure yourself or your car.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.