View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machnumber2 View Post
I could not agree more, its complete nonsense to use the plane mirror. The "good for the economy" theory is sounding more plausible to me.

Currently, I have a plane mirror with a stick on convex mirror blocking 25% of the area. . The stock mirror is so small that when you put the stick on mirror on it, much of it is blocked out by the trim of the stick on mirror.

The only soution I can think of is to have a mirror custom made, apply adhesive to the back and smoosh it on top of the stock plane mirror. That should look nice. I heard that you have to use the plane mirror in the US though, any other kind is illegal. More nonsense.
I am used to aspherical mirrors on cars since I can began to drive, its only the US that makes me angry when I cannot actually see a car in the left lane if its half way the length of my car.

The other stupid bit is that the passenger mirror says objects in the mirror are closer than they appear, NO chit sherlock, we know that - its obvious unless someone with the IQ of a gerbil is driving.

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)