View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 PM

Got the 1985 300TDT

I am at relatives, so have limited access especially for media. Anyway, finally got the 1985 300TDT and really like it. Does have a list of things to sort, the first being the random lack of turn signals. When they quit, working the hazard switch restores them. What is going on?

Also need help on:

Sun roof leak. Drains are clean, so figure have to use some high temperature R.T.V. and glue the plastic tubes to the metal. Seems theses Golde sun roofs are super prone to leak, as the one on the Volkswagen leaks in the same one! Does anyone have a better solution?

Replace the seals on the reverse lights, if still available. Anyone have a preferred source?

Is there any way to repair the vent closing mechanism? The passenger outside no longer screws closed, but can be pushed almost closed.

I also like to take the slop out of the accelerator linkage. I have the fore-aft slop figured out how to resolve, it is also the pedal stop and bushings. The former I doubt I will touch, but the latter I like to replace the bushings, but not finding a source. Do any of you do?

The rest is just up keep, including preferences. The wipers are starting to go bad, and doubt they be good in a down pour. So, will replace with Rain-X Latitudes which I have had much better results than the conventional type.

Also, like to find a bean cup holder like Vater got in the 1980's but not having any luck. What do you all use?

Plus, need to get a dash pad to protect the almost crack free dash (one 6mm crack by the passenger speaker).

Thank you for any help!