View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Probably 90% of the parts for these cars are still available new from MB or aftermarket and most of the rest can be found used. This website is your friend! Your hazard switch is available here at Pelican Parts from 3 different sources including MB and is part number 000-820-90-10. I would try cleaning it first with electrical contact cleaner. Good luck....nice car!
John
John, thank you!

90 percent means 10 percent is not available, like the linkage bushings. It frustrates me these high wear items are N.L.A.. Used be a waste as most be warn out. Just going to think up a creative solution.

Yes, this site is my friend, thus why I joined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodiesel300TD View Post
Nice wagon, and welcome to the forum! The turn signals and flashers run off the same relay. Which is hidden under the wood trim on the center console. I'd take the relay out and clean the plug and prongs. To get the wood center console off, you have to remove the ashtray. Then remove the two screws that hold the metal ashtray bracket in. This will release the front edge of the console. Then pull the whole wood piece towards the rear of the car. Then it will come loose and you can look around under neath for the relay. I believe it's in front of the gear selector. Don't just pull up on the rear of the wood trim. There is a plastic clip that will break off if you do and it will never go back in completely. If it's not that it could be the combo switch on the steering column. Might get lucky and have a loose wire.

Also have read through the link below. Your ways has a rear Self-Leveling-System. Which keeps the rear at proper ride height, when you load it down with stuff. The system is great and works really well, but some of the parts can be expensive to replace. Fortunately the expensive parts aren't often what need replacing.
Self-Leveling-System - How it works, and troubleshooting the system
Thank you!

I will look into that and thank you for the tips. Sounds like I need to get in touch with my particular side.

But, I feel now they work for now, really need to address the water incursion, especially since it is raining and will continue until next week. Seems you all aprove of the high temperature R.T.V. so will look in the tool kit and see if I have what it takes to drop all the delicate trim. If so, then off to the F.L.A.P.S..

I know about the S.L.S. and have read a lot including the sticky. Most of the S.L.S. parts were replaced, including just recently the ball joints. I do however have to keep clean fluid in it and change the filter on a regular basis.