View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 PM

Sitting with the residue of wvo in the ring lands over time causes it to change to a type of glue. How was the base oil consumption on the way up? If you do not have a broken rings type of situation or excess scoring you may still have a slight chance.

If you have the time. Drain the oil and start applying solvents through the injector holes. I think from your description they will run down into the oil pan pretty fast initially.

Drain them out of the oil pan or place a catch container and apply them repeating several times over a few days. If the rings are letting go you will notice the cylinder drain down time will increase. You need the block heater working as at low tempertures chemicals are almost inactive. Preferably also inside a heated garage.

For what it is worth again if you have the time you could chance it. Miracle mystery oil and laquer thinner in combination perhaps. I do not think the miracle oil is aggressive enough in your situation if it is just stuck rings. Acetone is another stronger solvent but I do not know if it reacts with aluminium. Your highway trip may have also baked any glue like existing residue in those ring lands pretty well solid. With your descripton of the blow by certainly it is cylinder sealing is the issue I would think. I do not think you have a hole in a piston as the engine should have started on the other cylinders.

One other test is to loosen off the injector lines one at a time. Crank the engine after each one is individually loosened. This to see if the raw fuel being expelled out the oil cap hole is coming from one cylinder. If it is then I suspect there is serious damage in that cylinder. So then there is no sense in trying to free rings. Or confine the treating to the one cylinder to see if you can get it stopped. You cannot have raw fuel mist coming out the oil filler hole unless the rings are totally seized on that cylinder or there is real damage I would suspect.

Last edited by barry12345; 01-14-2013 at 04:17 PM.