Thread: oil in exhaust
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Save the manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
When did you last put in a new air filter?

How much oil does the engine use (carrying on from Barry's post)?

When did you last check the IP timing?

Ever done a timing chain elongation measurement?
I change the air filter every year. New about 2 months back.

The engine uses about 1 quart every oil change which is every 6 months... usually around 3k miles

Never checked the IP or timing chain.

I did send off oil from the last oil change to Blackstone Labs so we will see how it looks. I have a bad feeling that the head gasket may be leaking since I have been having temperature control issues lately.

Here is another video of the car at idle. I already know I need a new power steering pump.

240D at idle - YouTube

And a 0-60 run... not sure what that noise is right at the start of the video but its not the car. I find it funny that after I uploaded this video youtube had it in the comedy category

240D 0-60 - YouTube

All that being said the car runs fairly well. As i already mentioned I have new injectors on the way as well as upgraded glow plugs since I'm finally ready to ditch the old loop plugs. The car is a royal pain to get started in the morning even in the garage. I did forget to bring it in a few weeks back and it had to sit outside for a few days until it warmed up. I just preformed a valve adjustment right before these videos were taken and that did not help the cold starting issue. If this car didn't have such a personal history with me and my family I would most likely sell it.