Thread: oil in exhaust
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Save the manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Is it just me or is the idle a tad (just a tad mind you!) high?

I wouldn't recommend lowering it if you have cold starting trouble though.

Is the swishing sound on the idle video coming from your suspect power steering pump or from the cooling fan or the airconditioning?

As for your 0-60 time I reckon that that took you a generous 45 seconds. According to chapter 00-10 you should be capable of doing 27.4 seconds on a two up!

I got the impression that it started off quite well but then it kind of couldn't be bothered anymore. The transmission seems to shift well though doesn't it.

Oh and the whole the smoke is this the smoke is that thing is something I certainly haven't got to grips with yet - but if it is water moisture then a good long run with a few of those 0-60 starts should get it warm enough to see if there's still the same kind of smoke at idle or not.

It is the power steering pump making the noise in the idle video. My car has the old idle control knob which I always lower down once the car is warmed up. The transmission has been shifting great ever since I figured out the adjustments on it. Mine had the old style control rod and no vacuum to worry about.

I think 45 seconds is rather generous on the 0-60 time on this car. Once it is at cruising speed however it runs like a dream.

I am not going to have the time or energy to do anything else on the car until the weekend if even then. I am out from work with the flu right now so while I am somewhat free I feel terrible. Hopefully my parts will be here by the weekend though since I am off Monday for the holiday... one of the perks of working for a bank.