View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:15 PM
User title not in use

I would go with the Jetta, and get it with a 6-speed standard (saves $1000, and gets better mileage). Consumer Reports rates the diesel with as having average reliability, and VWs in general have greatly improved in this category since, say, 2003 (I have Consumer Reports car buying guides dating back to then), and CR also reported getting 49 MPG on the highway -- their MPGs tend to reflect those of the average driver. Also, it is not by any means guaranteed that we will be getting a refreshed Jetta wagon, so this may be your last chance at the car!

After that, the Subaru is a commendable choice also (but please get it with a standard!).

(me in bold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
option 3 since subaru is the only manufacturer to take the time and make the car fit the environment of the ad in a believable way.

AND it's dirty! Kudos, Subaru!

Option 1 those people are either 3 feet tall, or thats a special one off version of the jetta wagon that happens to be the size of a FEDEX truck.

If it's the FedEx truck, I'll take it.

On the other hand, option 2 is a special small sized camry about 8 feet long.

Look out, Smart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E150GT View Post
I am all for diesel but I worry about the fact its a VW so I say option 3. Or a Ford Fusion
See above...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamali View Post
Camry Hybrid is the best. 40 MPG all day long. It will out last the other 2 and has the lowest cost of maintenance.
I'll bet you can get something like that with the Jetta too, and the Jetta is a whole lot more practical! The Camry rear seats don't fold down, and it's a sedan.
"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."