View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Hey Rooster, Yeah I went back yesterday and pulled the eng out of the 85 300TD. I actually pulled it for Dieselkraut23. I brought my Engine Tilter and that helped.
I took off the Alternator, Starter, Power Steering Pump, AC Compressor and hoses, and the Intake/Exhaust/Turbo/Trap Oxidizer assy and CC Actuator.
Left the OIl Cooler on and Fan.

Cost out the door $217.85

Even though this is a Cali car, it had a spot of serious blistered rust at the to left on the roof above the windsheld rubber and the lower right Cowel where the corner of the hood meet. When I pushed the hood up to the Heil Hitler position, (German Salute) she was stiff and complained. got up ontop of the engine to give it all I had, and the Hinges ripped out they were so rusted. I have heard of that but first time I have experienced it.
The lower large eng mount bolt was missing, could see where that side had been working for a while, and thought the other side could be loose from it, but NOOOO, that side was rounded out. and the tin place over the eng mount was sidewise so getting to one of the small bolts was impossible. finally just lifted the eng and ripped the rubber.

Over all this is a pretty solid car.

Yesterday was a first, my wife went with me to PNP two day`s in a row. sure glad she was with me to help push that damn hoist, those things want to go 4 ways at once.

Going to take it easer today, she kicked my rear yesterday. The car not my Wife.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works