View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tram View Post
Of course, Adriel, all that is understood.

Keep in mind that detailed and even elementary explanations of things are never given due to posters thinking one is "retarded"; rather, it's that none of us one here really has any ideas what another poster's experience level or skill set really is.

AND, what's more- even if the skill set is great and the level of experience is very high, it's always good to review the basics. I've been in the German car game off and on since 1975, and you know what the first tool is that I grab, even if I've done a repair hundreds of times?

The repair manual.

Even the most experienced among us are never immune to brain farts or disorientation. The day we think we are- is the day we're going to mess something up big time.
What is understood?

I meant in general, from Jack to others...

Good point! So what if it isn't in the repair manual? Guess then that means not to do it! Seriously though, I don't think I use the manual enough. With the Volvo I am scared to get the manual dirty and was REALLY upset when I did give it a smudge! So I will remember what you said and get out the bloody manual! Worse comes to worse I can always make photocopies.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.