View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Not so amused

Quote:
Could be tight valves....valve adjustment is probably needed if it has been done recently.
Valves were adjusted in August. Usually tight valves will show up at even higher temps, in my experience.

Quote:
Could be a single bad plug. My daughter's 84SD with a relatively new engine won't fire below about 20 degrees with one plug out. I'd also use PowerService anti-gel if temperatures were consistently that low.
I had not thought of the single bad plug angle, I was banging my head on how an entire set of plugs could be no good. Will check them with a meter tomorrow when cold.

The Diesel 911 I used is the PowerService product they sell here for ungelling fuel (you can get an even stronger one from heavy equipment dealers that guarantees complete degel in 20 minutes). I guess I could add more now.

I suppose I could try filling up somewhere else too, though I would wonder how the station I am using could have that much water in their diesel tank. They're relatively busy, and installed new tanks six months ago.

Mac
2002 e320 4matic estate│1985 300d│1980 300td
Previous: 1979 & 1982 & 1983 300sd │ 1982 240d

“Let's take a drive into the middle of nowhere with a packet of Marlboro lights and talk about our lives.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22