View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM

Refurbished fuel pump assembly, Need one part number

Newish 1979 350se, hadn't had it on the road for a week and I was smelling the wonderful smell of fuel and after some investigation, I discovered some fuel hoses around the fuel pump were "sweating" and even started dripping a little after I fiddled with it. LUCKY I found it... it could have been very bad. Anyways, I purchased a siphoning pump from Harbor Freight, and believe it or not, it worked great! See the pictures. Sucked all the gas out, filled up my fiance's car and kept 5 gallons to put back in when the project was done. Sometimes things you buy from Harbor Freight are not so bad. So I started the project and being the type of person I am, no detail left behind and no half assing. I spend sooo much time cleaning everything. All hoses are replaced. Replaced the one way valve, new fuel filter. The bracket was covered in rust and i had to cut the hardware off. Removed all rust and painted with rust reformer. I also replaced the fuel tank strainer, which turned out not to be very dirty. If you need to do this I recommend getting the socket from Northern Tool because it is not as tall as others I found, and it is only $20, leaves enough room your socket wrench!
Northern Industrial JUMBO Impact Socket — 46mm, 3/4in. Drive | 3/4in. Drive Metric Individual| Northern Tool + Equipment

Came out great and can't wait to put it on! ....which brings me to my problem. The hose I ordered, which goes from the tank strainer to the damper, but it does no fit. According to PParts, this was the part that matched my VIN, Part# 116-470-15-75-M20 but it is too small to fit the damper. The inner diameter should be approximately 14mm outer was something like 20-22mm. But the hose I got is much smaller. Anyone know what the part number would be to fit the damper in the picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Refurbished fuel pump assembly, Need one part number-fp4.jpg   Refurbished fuel pump assembly, Need one part number-fp3.jpg   Refurbished fuel pump assembly, Need one part number-fp2.jpg   Refurbished fuel pump assembly, Need one part number-fp1.jpg