View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
A hose is a hose, what difference is it if it's in a Volvo, Mercedes or any other car. I was asking if anyone had experience with this tool, apparently you don't, so why reply?
I do have experience with this type of clamping but with a much better professional tool, this type of tool requires a certain ability to swing the tool and therebye create the securing hook in the wires that go through the bale created by the original loop in the wire. When you originally asked I assumed based on your lack of any information to the contrary that your question was in regard to hoses attached to turbo chargers in Mercedes vehicles which for the most part do not use hoses which operate under boost pressure except the small short hose between the turbo housing and the wastegate. This tool and this type of clamping could not be used on a virtually any Mercedes turbo boost hose installation because there is no room to swing the tool the minimum 90 degrees require to effect the hook.

It matters very much where the end of the hose is located with respect to the other engine parts that could interfere with or prevent the tool from effectively functioning.

In addition professional tools used to effect this type of clamp can be had with integrated adjustable tensioning so as to optimize the clamping capacity of the wire clamp. But none of that matters if someone is just jerking off rather than making a serious effort to accomplish something. You're welcome Onan.