View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio-Chem-Philo View Post
Oh, I believe both sides of the aisle realized there was no footage (And we do assume it exists, or what is Obama staring at in that momentous photo of them all in that situation room) aired of OBL's death. Now, the Dems, mostly I believe, just passed it off because, Look at this guy? He just TOOK OUT Osama Bin Laden, something that Bush had already somehow declared Mission Accomplished on in somehow stopping OBL's reign of terror, yet, surprise, Mission not Accomplished. The reps then wanted to say it was fake, it was a hoax, etc. etc. That got quiet real quick when the possibility of showing the footage on national TV would make them look worse than fools.

To be honest, I am more of a pacifist, as I disagree with alot of the fighting going on in the world (MOSTLY because of the reasons for them and the seemingly senseless amounts of violence) but I am not entirely a pacifist. I feel that when a target that has had so much negative influence on our country, on the WORLD, has been located, they need to be taken out or captured with as little violence and bloodshed as possible. Going in with a drone, or going in with a helicopter and a small team to take down a whole compound is far more preferred than invading a WHOLE COUNTRY, toppling a "regime" that existed there, turning over every stone, and finding out the man you said was there, the weapons you said were there (that post facto the intelligence reports ALSO said you KNEW they were NOT there) was not there at all, all while trying to take out that single man? Thousands upon Thousands of deaths. Yes, you need to keep THAT grim reality out of the news because then EVERYONE realizes, including the ones who were on your side supporting you throughout it all, how inhumane that all really was and is.

It may seem less humane to some idiots out there that you take out a confirmed target with a drone strike and move on, but I feel given the surgical precision, it's better than deploy numerous aircraft to carpet bomb a city just to take out a single target. There's less civilian death, less personnel death, less property damage, less collateral damage overall.

As for the media, I believe it needs to be aired, publicly, and widely, that YES! This drone just ENDED a human life. That YES! this one man had caused mass graves and hundreds of other deaths. All of it need be shown so people are NOT desensitized or sanitized to the facts of the world. Crime, once committed, war once it is waged, shall not be omitted from the media. There needs to be transparency to the people. Maybe once everyone starts to realize that all the nasty bits gov't and regimes and organizations an everything else wants to hide to make themselves seem the good guys, then less senseless violence and bloodshed will occur.
Footage, or at least photographic evidence does exist. Allegedly, there were pictures taken at several points, at the compound and on the ship of OBL's body. I can't find the source atm since I'm on my phone. The government made a conscious decision not to release photographs and to confiscate all the known sources of them, to conspiracy theorists' delight.
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth