View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM

W115 W115 door swap?

Hey guys, I own a 1975 300D with problematic vacuum windows and locks. I recently came across an ad on Craigslist for a complete set of 1971 w114 doors with manual locks and windows. I'm wondering if I buy these doors, will I be able to swap the components from the 1971 doors to my 1975 doors? It seems like it would much less of a headache to just convert to manual windows/locks than to deal with my vacuum related issues. Plus, I like the look of the vent windows and small chrome door mirrors.

I am aware that in 1974 MB changed the mirrors and got rid of the vent windows but I'm assuming that all w114/115 door shells are the same. If they are, shouldn't I be able to simply bolt in the 1971 door components into my 1975 doors?

The only other issue I can imagine is the door panels. I would have to carefully cut a hole for the manual window cranks.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me. I've been lurking in this forum for quite some time and now that I have registered, I hope to contribute as much as I can! Thank you!