View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 AM

"A Coast Guard official said Monday that a leak in a fuel oil return line caused the engine-room fire"........

Who was on duty in the Engine Room and where was the Fire Control Team?

Unless the Fuel Oil Return Line runs where it can leak onto something really hot the Diesel Fuel is not going to burst into Flames.

My last job I worked for as a Security Guard Company contracted to the Carnival Cruise line in Long Beach. I was one of the X-ray Machine readers.

What I wanted to speak of was the Crew that came off of the Ships.
The upper echelons of the Crew are European or Australian and some from India. The lower echelons are from the India Sri Lanka area or Pilipino and Indonesian.
Each time the Ship came in some were allowed off the Ship for a few hours to buy stuff or to catch a Plane back home.
All of the seemed overworked and the lower echelon Crew Members seemed not quite fearful but overly respectful to the higher echelon Crew Members.

I also shook the Hand of the Guy on the News they said was the CEO or the Carnival Cruise Line (I saw him on TV making comments); when I met Him He was one of the Vice Presidents of the Cruise line.