View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 AM
Conservative

Let's support JP during this time

While it isn't enough to help out the issue with balance and the dizziness...my BP and pulse rates are finally at the good levels. The cardiologist told me that he's sending me back to my PCP for maintenance care. In addition to that, I've dropped 9 pounds. I attribute that to snacking constantly on the dried fruits and vegetables my wife and I run through the dehydrator.

While that makes me happy, the PCP increased my meds for the neuropathy from once a day to three times a day. We're hoping that increasing them will decrease the pain and tingling in my legs enough to help out with my odd gait. We're thinking that if we get that taken care of, then it will help out with my balance. That will leave the dizziness as an issue, but there's a chance that I could possibly get rid of the walker for good, and only use the cane.

My wife and the doctor think I'm being too optimistic, but I'm tired of not being able to do anything to contribute around the house. If I can at least get to the point that I can at least help with some of the daily chores around here, I'll feel better about my contribution to the home.

I'm just happy that the BP and pulse rate are down...Those worried me more than the other issues.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.

Last edited by engatwork; 02-24-2013 at 01:13 PM.