Thread: Respect
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:40 AM
dieselarchitect

yes there are. I always feel cautious when I have a problem on the road but really I cannot remember a time when it really turned out badly.

When we moved my son to Florida the first time about eight or ten years ago, his 240d started getting hot and we realized the fan belt had gone bad, we bought a belt and asked about a place to install it. This was in GA I believe. It was early evening so things were closed but nearby was a fellow who did stuff at home.

Changing the fan belt requires removing the ps belt and the alternator belt on a 123 240 so its not too complicated but is a pain.

I was traveling with my brand new dodge truck and a nice looking airstream so felt conspicuous in that little town.

Not to worry, the fellow worked on it at least an hour and only asked for $15 when done. We paid him a nice tip beyond that and felt lucky.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.