View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 02:20 AM
davidlee

How did I know this would stir up the bee's nest, 1st off I dont dump used oil into the ground, I live in Portland and thats something that is punishable by death around here, 2nd I wasnt talking about running straight motor oil in my tank, just a little bit, and only every once in a while, I dont have barrels of used oil lying around that i dont know what to do with, Im talking about a gallon or two every few months, and 3rd (which I didnt mention before) its not used (diesel) oil, I run synthetic in my Diesel's now, since some guy on here that had thousands of posts told me basically I was stupid because i wanted to change out one of my lifters because it makes noise occasionally when its cold, I was told "waste of time", just spend twice as much every oil change and it will go away, 15K miles later on Delo400LE synthetic, it still makes noise sometimes. and 4th, Im not hell bent on running used oil though my fuel, I just wanted to know what potential damage it could cause.
Why would injection pump failure be caused by running a little oil through it?
Im not arguing, I just dont know, could someone please explain without talking to me like I'm some guy trying to ruin my car and my neighbors water supply.

07 E350 sport Wife's Daily
01 E320 sport My Daily
00 C230 Kompressor Our back up (new Arrival)

87 300D Turbo my Daily for 8 yrs. Selling to neighbor

82 GMC Jimmy (K5) 6.2 Diesel (my Wheeler)
73 Roadrunner 340ci My very first car, still own it