View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplem104 View Post
This is an interesting idea. I think you might be able to do what you are saying. The early engines really did run as pretty much two different engines. If I remember correctly there are two crank sensors and cam sensors etc. Main thing would be if the firing order is correct and remember that the intake is swapped from ignition on the banks. So passenger intake and drivers ignition is an engine. Vice versa for the other side.
I think you could just tie in another ecu to the rest of the car pretty easy though. If you had ASR this would be really difficult to keep both actuators working right. Throttle linkage is going to be a real pain if the factory v12 stuff does not work. Have fun fitting it in the engine bay.
Thanks, most people I've asked about it just say it wont work, but cant give a reason why not. Besides, I like a chalenge!

It does look possible on paper, looking at some pics I found your correct about there being 2 cam and crank sensors. The only strange thing is that both cam sensors are on the right side of the engine, sharing one camshaft. Not quite sure on the reasons for that?

The engines do share the same firing order luckily enough, so no problems there. Most of the w124's here dont have asr, only the realy late ones sometimes have it so that wont be a problem either.

I thought about having the throttle cable go to the right side throttle then a second cable from there over to the other throttle. A bit of adjustment should get them working together I hope.

I think the problems would be the positions of the cam and crank sensors giving the wrong readings to the m104 ecus, but there must be a way round that...
96 s124 om606 superturbo diesel 508bhp