View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
general nuisance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
I'm just fortunate to find the cars as soon as they get in the yard before idiots destroy the interior getting a knob.
Ditto...there's a green 95 E320 at a local JY had parchment interior which had some very good door cards and other trim, but in typical fashion someone ripped the door cards off the door looking for speakers. In the process I think they destroyed all the wood etc. It's a shame when the things in the way get destroyed for no good reason.

I recently found a 92 300SE in a u-pull JY that had received the same treatment; door cards were ripped from the doors. Amazingly most of the wood survived the abuse except for one I needed from the front right door. This same car had a rear sunshade option and I needed the hat shelf....unfortunately someone destroyed it to get at the speakers only to abandon the speaker on the floor after they'd done the damage. They also destroyed the sunshade by trying to pull it up manually.....so much destruction.

The trick is to get to them as soon as they're set in the yard and get everything you need before the destruction begins....
90 Passat variant TDI 6 speed MT
94 Chevy K1500 6.5TD
05 E320 CDI
+ others