View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM
ಠ_ಠ

I spent 5-6 years working in a healthcare insurer as a competitor to them and now have UHC in my new unrelated job, that should tell you something. UHC is one of the best in the business (however messed up the business and system may be) they're consistently #1 or #2 in national healthcare networks and I haven't had a problem since switching over, IBX/BS would be a close second. If available in your area I would look into Kaiser Permanente (KP.org) which is a nonprofit (less overhead than commercial) which is also very good but generally only available in the southwest...if I recall you're close to there but not dead inside the network. I would not touch my former employer with a ten foot pole for long term security, along with a couple of their competitors--I am not going to divulge which company it is except it is NOT UHC but national competitors are lackluster in terms of medical loss ratio (MLR). There are a lot of problems with the industry, I got out when I consistently tried to fix some of the issues with my limited leverage and met a brick wall every time , although Obamacare will solve some of that love it or hate it.

BTW my new job, I pay less with UHC than I did with their direct competition WHILE WORKING FOR THEM and get better coverage....

edit: got my new job in 11/2012 so this is current. I was involved with a ton of high dollar ACA-related projects, not a total peon.
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth