View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 01:29 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

I found your thread on the GM forum...
good pics, repost them here please! and get some closeups of the engine IP area so we can see any issues you might have...

I'm copying my post from your other thread here.

from the pics the bumper rust is easy to fix with a replacement bumper, the vinyl seats will last a long time, but likely the springs supporting them have failed... pool noodles work well to firm them up, but your pics look like they are in good shape. the hole in the coin tray is likely from a replacement cigar lighter or accessory power socket attempt. I've got dozens of interiors if you want it back stock...
from all the pine needles under the wipers, I'd bet you have lots under the brake booster... get them all out of there, the blower speed resistor is under there, and is known to start a fire with leaves and such are in contact when the blower is on low speeds... you've got the wrong radiator reservoir cap on there, and the oil fill cap is from a v8 (it's slanted, not in line with the valve cover) also, I note you have 134 conversion caps on the a/c... Connecticut summers will likely survive on it, but if you drive in the south much that's a mistake!

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!