View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomany MBZ View Post
The brake fluid reservoir does have a wall between the front and back, but filling it up should overflow it.

My SD A/C compressor was seized up and when I turned it on, the belt ripped apart knocking the plug katty-whomppus.

The sunroof may be a bad switch, but pull all fuses in the fuse box and inspect the ends. I replace all of 'em when I get one of these cars.
I read about changing all the fuses, and have already done this. It seems to fix a few things, but others remained the same.

At some point i plan to pull the sunroof switch out and jump it to see if it works that way.

The drive belt on the compressor is stupid loose right now, just basically sitting on the pulleys and flopping about. The plug seems to be intact, just filthy. I have to get a closer look at it.

The R4 compressor was a POS basically. it's a GM/Harrison unit that loves to blow it's front seal, leak all the refrigerant and oil out and lock up.

Wish i could fit an A6 in there instead. I'd be blowing ice cubes out of the vents then.

The rear of the reservoir appears to be full, but i may try adding more to see if it overflows into the front section.