View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 05:56 PM

Here's For Shannon

The clutch is back together - finally. Here's the pics of the process. As I was putting it together I had thoughts of Shannon doing hers so I took more pics than usual - it may take two posts to put them all up - I forget how many the forum will let us show per post.

The answer is 5!

The first pic is the flywheel being reinstalled. Note the chain to prevent it from rotation. If the friction surface is burned, has chatter marks, etc. you'll need to take it to a machine shop and have it ground like mine is.

Second shot is the flywheel reinstalled and torqued in place. Haynes says 30 lb/ft then turn another 90 degrees. I ran a tap thru the bolt holes - they are 10mmx1.00 pitch (fine thread). The bolt heads require a 12mm 12 point socket (at least on mine.

Next is the clutch disc going in. Here I have the alignment tool stuck in the center of the disc and it's being held in place by the alignment tool's pilot in the pilot bearing.

In pic #4 I'm preparing the pressure plate bolts (the pressure plate is also called the "clutch cover"). I ran them over my rotary wire brush (on a bench grinder) but you could brush them by hand or run a die (female tap) over them. Here I'm applying a drop of Loctite red threadlocker.

In the last shot on this page notice that the clutch cover bolts are NOT a hex socket head (at least on mine). Mine are a loose fit in my T40 torx set. Seemed to work OK, though.

Next page.....

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
I'm Back! S-10 OM617 Project-img_0630.jpg   I'm Back! S-10 OM617 Project-img_0631.jpg   I'm Back! S-10 OM617 Project-img_0632.jpg   I'm Back! S-10 OM617 Project-img_0633.jpg   I'm Back! S-10 OM617 Project-img_0634.jpg