View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Bert View Post
Stock calibration ended up being 3 turns in from CCW. That's pretty clean. 3 turns out is a lot of smoke, but stronger off-boost power and, like you say, at 5 turns in from full CCW, you can really feel the turbo 'kick-in' which I agree isn't desireable.

Do you recall about where your ALDA is set????

I haven't checked mileage yet but at 5 turns in, the difference even at half a tank is substantial!!!!!

Mine does not want to go outward any further. When I adjusted it, I only got about two turns. Haven't chased it as to why as the off idle performance is decent.

Anytime you're making smoke, you're wasting fuel for sure.

But, if you maintain the same acceleration rate, the work done is the same, and it won't matter whether the ALDA is set all the way in or right at the smoke limit. The fuel economy will be the same.

Note, clearly, however, that the more fuel that you have available, the more likely it will be that you USE that available fuel. This is what makes comparisons very difficult. If you do not have the fuel, you cannot use the fuel. If you have the fuel and do not use the fuel, then it's a fair comparison to when you do not have the fuel.