View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partscarver View Post
T.M.I.
Perhaps you meant T.M.S. (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation). My old friend (and former business partner) John Elder Robison is a New York Times best-selling author who with his writing helped bring Asperger's Syndrome to the public consciousness. Asperger's is on the autism spectrum. I've known John since he was 16, which is about when he dropped out of high school.

Spend some time poking around John's website and by all means buy his books. Adriel and BenzDieselTuner, for you folks who are/might be on the Asperger's end of the autism spectrum, you will learn that you are not alone. "Look Me in the Eye" and "Be Different" are available in paperback. "Raising Cubby" was released this past March. I guarantee that you will have difficulty putting them down.

About John E. Robison, author of Look Me in the Eye

After learning about Asperger's some 15 years ago, John began to focus his amazing concentration on changing his behavior. I didn't know about it until I was reviewing the galley proofs of his brother's book "Running With Scissors" (Augusten Burroughs, also a New York Times best seller, stopped attending school at 13).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpEubnIfZUA

After undergoing T.M.S. John's behavior changed significantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoxE8_1eeWk

Check out this interview of John by Augusten before the T.M.S. program.

Augusten Burroughs and John Elder Robison - YouTube

and after. Pretty significant difference.

John Elder Robison talks about his autism work with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - YouTube

The T.M.S. program is a part of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, which is affiliated with Harvard Medical School.

John Elder Robison, author of Look Me in the Eye

John now serves on a number of national autism advisory panels and reviews autism grant proposals with researchers from the NIH and the NSF.

About 30 years ago, we started a car business in his garage in western MA as a part-time gig. His day job at that time (no longer building guitars for KISS or sound systems for Pink Floyd) was designing medical laser power supply systems and I was in grad school. He quit his job to do the car gig full time and I finished grad school to do what I did next. Here's a link to his company.

New England?s independent source for sales and service of European automobiles.

Back to the regularly scheduled broadcast, the USPS can track and cancel a postal money order, which you can not do with cash.

Last edited by Ol' Yeller; 07-29-2013 at 01:28 AM.