Thread: Am I crazy?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 01:59 PM
I'll Go Upside Your Head!

Am I crazy?

Usually with a thread titled this way, the poster says they're looking to buy something crazy and do crazy things to it, like buy a 600 Grosser for $20k then think it can be restored for under $10k. However, I'm not that kind of crazy. Instead, I'm taking all next week off work and going to address a bunch of things on my w109. Keep in mind I'll have access to a full shop w/ lift, etc.

I'm curious, do you think this can all be done with 5 days to complete all work? So far the parts have been order and arrived. Of course other stuff always comes up, but I think I'm being thorough. What say you?

The list thus far:
1. finish restoring the wood - so far it's been stained, just needs clear and reinstall
2. heater levers and valves
3. master cylinder
4. brake pads
5. timing chain
6. radiator reseal (leaking at top seam where tank meets core)
7. fix radio (won't turn on 95% of the time) - any ideas why? I'm hoping it's a ground issue...
8. R&R idle air valve to clean up
9. R&R A/C compressor - any ideas how long?
10. shifter bushings inside column and at trans (I have column shift car)
11. address lack of kickdown - I'm thinking the switch and/or solenoid needs cleaning?
12. fuel sender gasket
13. fix misfire - has new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Probably something loose
14. subframe mounts
15. R&R front bumper assy.
16. replace all hard and rubber vacuum hoses under hood
17. oil & filter change
18. slightly tighten hand brake and free hand brake switch so light illuminates

The good bad news is that I found out yesterday I have a big phone interview next week that will take several hours to prep for. Thanks Al again for your help with that.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions to hopefully make these days efficient, I am of course all ears. Naturally I'll tie a lot of the jobs together to make best use of my time.

Best Regards,

David

2000 Honda Accord V6 137k miles

1972 300SEL 4.5 98k miles

Last edited by WANT '71 280SEL; 08-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.