View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 04:16 AM
macdoe

Yes, both cars are w123's, Thanks for clearing that up Charlie ... I was hoping you would say that.

Dan, My brother in law just picked up a wild s10 4x4 project to use the s10 frame and powertrain to place under a 1940's something Dodge truck. It kinda looks like an old power wagon but its not. He said the wheel base is exactly the same so the wheels will look right in the arches.

I offered him (free) a 617 to use as a motor for his interesting project. He turned me down. He was the guy that helped me transport the euro 4 speed donor car half way across the province. He did so begrudgingly as he does not see Mercedes diesels the same way as us. Too bad for him.....more 617s for me...

I was going to give him the euro motor, too. I just happened to take the valve cover off it tonight to place the motor at the cam timing marks so I can check for witness marks on the crank/flywheel. I was happy to see that someone took good care of this motor, kinda glad I did'nt give it away, now.

I think placing this motor in the same spot for reference as my wagon motor(when it comes out) will aid in getting the flywheel swapped to the same spot on the turbo motor, for balance purposes.