View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 PM

b2 piston failed, now b2 band failed?

Pulled the b2 piston, it was broken. Installed one out of the 123 transmission. Had drive, now nothing. I pulled it apart three times. It is seated properly. Compared to the 123 trans, the b2 band has too much movement, leading me to believe the band now broke. It shifted into gear a few times. Drove it down the long farm driveway. Stopped, now nothing. It feels like it tried to engage a few times, moved a few inches. Makes clicking noises when reved up.

The tail cone on the 123 transmission doesn't look like it is going to come off. Someone ruined the nut holding on the output flange. Looks like a chisel was used to take it off and put it back on. I'm going to have to install it with the 123 tail. No hope of my speedo working any time ever.

The 123 trans is actually stamped 126 XXXX. and the tail is stamped 123 XXXX.

Since this is my daily driver, I'm forced to fix it. The novelty of owning these old cars has worn off. It isn't fun anymore. Its rotting away and falling apart.

It doesn't matter if you know what you're doing, as long as you look like you know what you're doing.