View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Fast Attack Submarines

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljjay View Post
First thing you have to know, these cars don't rust.....they rot....and if there are signs of repair, you can almost guaranteed to find lots of rot....and another thing to learn, is that none of these cars have the milage stated on the odometer....they fail more then they work....there's are one car, you should never buy sight unseen....a guy on here awhile back, bought a CD....just like you....he spent more around 7500$....he got so frustrated....he just donated it....
Oh yeh, odo was broken when I got it, fixed. I can take a few more risks than some folks since I've restored dozens of cars. This one isn't 'too' bad for rot, rust. took out the interior, pans on one side have a see through on the edges, front right rocker has an old bondo repair that held moisture, just knocked it all out so that's a nice section. Drivers side is perfect pan and rocker wise.

Both rear fender flares show repair from the inside, that rust will come back of course.

I'm doing a POR15 job on the floor pans and the bad rocker area, then I'll shape new metal and mig it in. Won't ever be a show car, just want a good looking driver.
Hers: '72 Corvette 454/4spd, '99 MB SLK, '93 Metro vert, 78 240D, '92 Silverado, '65 Fjord Rustang, '59 Fjord Fairlane, '17 Slingshot.