View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.g.cameron View Post
I'll be back working on the car tonight, appreciate any thoughts folks had. I've read mixed reviews about using teflon tape on the bleed nipple threads, but seems like that would be a logical next step given the play and the leaking fluid around them.
I would simply replace the caliper instead of messing with whatever problematic piece that I don't have access to. That will give you a finished system with a lifetime warranty and you can move on.

ATE and Bendix both made calipers. Either will work as long as the same brand is on both sides of an axle. Both take the same pad. A1-cardone is the most prevalent rebuilder at the McParts stores. Buy locally as Cardone has QC problems. I haven't had a problem once installed but have had wrong part in correct box. ie rear packed in front box, left packed in right side box.

Change the hoses and wear sensors at the same time. A little Sly-glide on the pins helps keep the pads from sticking. Buy MC from Peach as they have/at least had good new units for not much. Measure the rotors. New they are thick enough to cut once.

There are also good low dust pads on the market.
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.