View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:58 PM

Now for the outside of the fender. The plan is to weld the rear critical rounded corner found in the third pic. The rear light assembly has to fit in the groove of the body panel so that the rubber trim will make it water tight. The alignment reference point is the trim hole as shown. I used welding butt clamps to hold the donor fender section to the car in the correct plane.
Also as shown the donor fender has been ground down to metal where the weld will be. I haven't done the same to the car section yet. The forth pic shows a closer pic of where the light assembly goes.
I wanted to make a note to those who might be a little picky, that in pic 2 is the hole for the light assembly. On the bottom of the opening, where the donor cream color section joins the car blue color, there is a slight mis-match in alignment between the panels. This has been left intentionally because the bottom blue section was damaged when the car was in the accident. The donor section is true in alignment and once tact welds are put into place, I'll adjust the blue section to match.

Next on to welding
Attached Thumbnails
123 Driver Quarter panel Replacement-picture-018a.jpg   123 Driver Quarter panel Replacement-picture-016a.jpg   123 Driver Quarter panel Replacement-picture-014a.jpg   123 Driver Quarter panel Replacement-picture-020a.jpg  

Last edited by steeleygreg; 10-16-2013 at 01:58 AM.