View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
How very quaint, sort of 1997 all over again... .
Pretty much all the aftermarket catalogs cannot be trusted. The EPC, which is the official Mercedes catalog, is the ONLY source which is accurate 99.99% of the time. And it's where you'll find informatoin about chassis/engine number breaks or model year breaks. The aftermarket catalogs rarely have this. It's not new. Back in the 1990's you couldn't get the EPC without paying big bucks for a bootleg version as MB wouldn't let it into the hands of the pub-lick. In the 21st century we can now get legal access to the EPC, at least in the USA, for free at:
http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/coverage.jsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
I have not yet encountered a situation where the sole choice was between Genuine Mercedes or a substandard item and I seriously doubt that will happen soon. I shop strategically, and watch for deals on preferred label items and buy them up before I need them (speaking of consumables).
I've run into this multiple times where the only option was OE or URO/APA/FEQ junk. It's not often, but it does happen. Sometimes it's OE or nothing, which is better, because at least then you get a genuine MB part.