View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 08:57 AM

I could use some help with the EHA too

I have a problem with the EHA and the current going through it. the car is a 1985 190E 2.3 so the current in only positive.

I always thought that the current should go higher when taking off from a stop to richen the mixture and then go down a bit as the car gains speed with even acceleration.

My car does the opposite. When I step on the gas with a MM hooked up to the EHA, the current jumps up to 2ma and then drops to 0, this is when warm already. It will start going up slowly once the engine goes over 2k rpm, but before that 2k it hesitates and pops due to running lean from what I have found out. This is not always the case but 95% of the time, and it pops a few times a week under hard acceleration. Another thing I noticed, when cruising above 60kmph, when I left go off the gas, the EHA current jumps up to 56ma, which I thought was only supposed to happen on start up.

I'm trying to figure this out to get rid of my hesitation and this is where I found the problem, but I'm not sure what is causing this current to be so sparatic.

I have new copper spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor arm coming in in the next few days, new spark plug wires are already on, but for some reason I don't think this will help me at all.

I think I'll go pull out my OVP and see if it works at all. Maybe that's the culprit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xp