View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 01:03 PM
1987 w124 300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcphee View Post
You can do this faster and cheaper on a w124. I bought a 2-channel momentary output remote pair and installed the receiver in my trunk. Tapped into the three wires going to the trunk latch, to get + and - for the receiver power, and one line controls lock and unlock. Grounding the wire (via output relay) locks, and providing a +12 to the wire (via the other output relay) unlocks. (I may have confused which is which.. but you get the idea).

Key still works everywhere as it should.

Don't care about the alarm since I've disconnected that, but I imagine this mod would work just fine. It emulates un/locking the whole vehicle from the trunk using a key. So if this key action would normally un/arm the factory alarm, then this model probably does the same using remote.

I haven't used a key in the door tumbler since...

The remote even has a lock / unlock symbols and is keychain style, and get this.. has metal and a slider cover... it's meant for vehicle application you can tell.

ebay... $10 GO CHINA!

working strong 2 years later
Here's an example of a remote system to get for this job:

2 Channel RF Wireless Transmitter Remote Control 315MHz | eBay

And it's now down to $6.50 !! Can life get any better?

If the batteries in the remote fade, cheaper to get a WHOLE system with new remotes than buy replacement batteries.

Mine like this is still going strong.. how many years now?? Four!? Haven't had to replace the batteries yet, and I'm sure these are the cheap china no-name brand battery in there. Oh I see this particular one does not include battery.

I have one very close to this remote depicted (attachment). Nice remote with metal, and a sliding cover over two buttons with symbols that show lock and unlock. The remote is "thumb size" so you can see the receiver part is very small as well. I tucked the receiver up on the ledge of the right tail light assembly, because radio waves need to reach it, and easily penetrate the plastic shell and lens of the tail light assembly.

Problem with ebay links is they die fast, here's the text that came with the link I'm showing above, all Chinglish and everything, always amusing:

2 Channel RF Wireless Transmitter Remote Control 315MHz

Features:
This remote control switch can be used to control lights, electrically operated doors, windows, curtains, etc.

Technical parameters:
Working voltage: DC12V
Working frequency: 315 MHz
Maximum load: 10 A
Rx sensitivity:-100 dB
Encoding Type: Fixed code
Working way: a dynamic and interlock, since the lock (with IC a)
Output way: two groups of switch signals, 12 v voltage

Description:
1.with IC seats,can according change work way to L4/M4/T4, output way can be adjusted, can take voltage output with direct control motor and reversing, also can output two road independent switch signals, data bits can be adjusted.
2. Wireless remote control switch is a widely used wireless control device, the microprocessor intelligent control, it can be used in the garage door control, lighting control, remote control curtain and other fields, and has convenient installation is simple to use safe and reliable.

Note:Now this item not include battery, Post mail not allow ship include battery,buyer need have a 27A 12V battery.

Package Including:
1 x 2 Channel RF Wireless Transmitter Remote Control 315MHz
Keywords:Remote Control,RF Remote control,Transmitter Remote Control
Attached Thumbnails
DIY Keyless Entry Door Lock - W126 and W124-remote.jpg  

1987 300D

Last edited by scottmcphee; 11-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.