Thread: Ban Me Too
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:14 PM
KHAAAAAAN-gress

Brian has not been happy since he was dethroned. So much animosity towards the site, towards moderators, towards the people he once ruled over that derived much satisfaction seeing him removed as moderator.

The moderators were told to loosen up, so we did. The new owners wanted to completely remove all political discussion. While it would certainly make our lives alot easier, OD would lose something that brings many more people here on a daily basis than it keeps away.

I did feel sorry for him, as his intentions were good in wanting totally consistent moderation, and he was a massive contributor to the forum. Hell, highest posting member of the forum, more than a decade. I also genuinely like the guy.

What you guys don't understand since you're not behind the scenes seeing it all, is this was a classic example of suicide by cop. Brian was growing increasingly unhappy, and loved to criticize us. Given his standing in the forum, we gave him lots of rope. Finally we told him to quit criticizing us or you will be banned. He liked the idea of martyrdom, wanted to test us, and upped his attacks.

You are playing right into his hand. He wanted to be banned because it would create an uproar, more people attacking us, jumping ship, etc.

Over what? Volunteers with a soft touch that can be taken as inconsistent at times? Seriously? Get over it. I've come close multiple times to resigning as moderator because of the way I'm demonized. I get enough of that in my day job as a Used Car Dealer. Certainly don't need any more abuse.
2001 CLK55 AMG 101k
2007 S600 Biturbo 149k Overheated Project, IT'S ALIVE!!!