View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvairguy View Post
I have sold a bunch or rabbits to people that think they want to raise them to eat and then they want me to kill and dress them for them.......................... AAAAA NO that's now a service i provide, there is however a guy that will do that for them, also anything else you may have that needs to be processed. When they figure out how much it is going to cost per lb for food, processing, time to raise them it's like i just put them out on lease..... that is i get a lot of rabbits back along with their babies because people give up, THEN i process them and put them in the freezer. LOL
He said a similar thing, "you walk out with a rabbit, don't come back here after feeling sorry for it expecting me to process it for you".

I used to be an excellent fish cutter working in the cape fish industry near here, so im no strange to hacking up a creature, but Ive never done any kind of game before.

What ive been told is that a monkfish is the closest you can come to game in prep. You skin a monkfish instead of scaling it, apparently just like a deer according to my boss at the time. (imagine a sock dipped in phlegm being removed from someones foot, thats the process of pulling a monkfish skin off)

Im kinda looking forward to the job, cutting fish involves dealing with a degree of fish slime as a cost of doing business that makes quite a mess.

Id love to see a rabbit jerky video! that already sounds delicious