Thread: test drive
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 08:39 PM

I had a huge string of idiotic people who could not drive stick show up to look at an 86 diesel vw with manual steering.

One guy assured me he could drive stick, hopped in, and tried to put it in gear without depressing the clutch. I got pissed then because he ground the crap out of my none too strong 200 thousand mile gearbox, but he wasn't the first bonehead by far.

However, after about 3 weeks a young pretty english chick showed up to check out the car, fired around town without a hiccup, whipping the thing around curves with the manual steering with a big grin on her face, where guys 3 times her size were whining about it. She ended up buying the car.

Of course 3 days later she airlocked it.
I was really hoping an enhusiast would buy it and I could stop playing slap and tickle with this train of craigslist nimrods, but she really loved the car and after a slow start, got the hang of the cars foibles. I only had to come by 3 or 4 times to deal with airlocks till she learned how to A. Not do that, and B. Fix it herself in a few minutes