View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Of course you have proof of the first three lines? ATM for thieves? What is meant by that?

Feeding ground for thieves...you mean people are offered a tax credit and they have actually been using it? That seems like a tax code working as designed. Yes, and also a tax credit which has been seriously abused form many years.
Identity theft? You of course have examples of this? YES Somehow the ACA is going to make it very easy to steal identities? I didn't say that. Seems like people looking to do such things are unlikely to be stopped in any case. AGREE.
Straight from the US Government

In reply to the first two paragraphs.
The Internal Revenue Service Was Not in Compliance With All Requirements of the Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Act for Fiscal Year 2012

As to the problem of identity theft, herewith:

THERE ARE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN UNDETECTED TAX REFUND FRAUD RESULTING FROM IDENTITY THEFT

Highlights.............

There Are Billions of Dollars in Undetected Tax Refund Fraud Resulting From Identity Theft

On e personal level, I have had one client who's identity was stolen by a fraudulent tax return filed by another. That was for his 2010 return. A supreme PIA. I have to tell you I felt at the time that the IRS' security filters for efiled returns were woefully inadequate.

Draw your own conclusions.