View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 06:29 PM

I know a single fender is different than painting an entire car, but I just finished shopping for a complete paint job for my 1982 300sd in Massachusetts. The guy I settled on is local and came highly recommended. He owns and runs his own shop and is a one man show. I know nothing about paint and he must have spent a good half hour or 45 minutes explaining the process, pointing out things on the car I didn't realize or see myself. He insisted that in order to do a good job everything would have to be taken off the car. Bumpers, body cladding, grill, all lights, chrome door trim, mirrors, door handles, trunk weather seal, rear badges, etc. He then took me out into his storage area and showed me a couple of custom cars he owned that highlighted his work. Took me about two months to get it in, but I feel confident that I chose a guy that works by himself for himself and relies on word of mouth for his business to be successful and will do a quality job for a fair price.

$2500.00 to $3000.00 gets one small surface rust spot under the cladding repaired, small stone chips across the hood and a few very small dents here and there fixed, base coat 040 black, cleared and then color sanded and buffed.