View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
.....The last two cars I sold with mega-miles on them were cases of buyers that had to sweat getting loans for really low-priced (sub $5K)cars 14 and 16 years old. On my 300SD (305K) miles, the buyer was more concerned with getting a loan, than miles on the low-priced car. ie, he couldn't afford the same model with low miles, so he was eager to buy it. The 14 year old car had 269K miles.

One thing that is hard on parts of a car is the starting and stopping, or short time cycles of it's engine running. Time and high-miles will inevitably catch up to any car with mega-miles on them, requiring parts replacement and repair. No way around that.
I'm amazed to hear that apparently financing is available for a 14 to 16 year old car? Wow. That's almost more amazing than the thought of someone wanting to finance a 300K mile Mercedes that is 14 to 16 years old!! I wonder if leasing a 14 year old 300K mile Mercedes would be a possible way to lower the cost of the ownership experience?

Anybody that is considering entering the universe of owning a Mercedes with multiple hundreds of thousands of miles on the clock, and has decided that financing such a purchase is a sound financial decision, should carefully read your second paragraph above...... and look into the financing options that are available for repairs when their financed car breaks.
16 C300 (62K)
82 300GD Gelaendewagen (54K)