View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 10:30 PM

the pulley change would just increase the volume but not the pressure. belts would be too big

m's are rack and pinion and g's still use the worm/ball style box. totally different animals.
ask your wife to let the g roll a little while turning the steering wheel. ( i told mine she'd kill the tie rods if she was NOT moving while turning the wheel )

i guess the fatter/ wider tires cause more effort than the 320. two more cylinders and the electronic crap probably add a few more 100#.

there might be a spring to increase the system pressure ,but i don't know if this would be incorperated into the check valve for hitting the stops.

the 99 f250 had hydrolic brakes that ran off the power steering pump. when the abs kicked in the steering wheel locked. pucker factor would run high, so i would disconnect the abs fuse when 4-wheelin.

tell your dealer that the steering effort is to high and see if he will replace the pump. you might get one with a tighter tolerances and thus higher pressure. if that does not help you might add a pressure relief vavle in the return line? or thicker fluid after the warrenty go's.

like you boat.