View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 11:38 AM

Today Im making my monthly trip to the 2 yards I hike thru ,being both LKQ yards I generally Know what the prices are before I arrive.Last good finds included 2 items Ive been looking to add to my 190e cossie ,a flawless paint code correct hood and a set of 16" 129r rims .Im lucky for my location is the big city of Houston . Mercedes sold alot of cars here in Houston and growing up nextdoor to a Mercedes dealership manager who drove alot of these modeled marvels I got to see first hand most ,if not all the 80s lineup,it really was like a floor show and you never knew which one he was driving next .
I generally see 4 to 6 models from the 80s, 12 to 15 models from the 90s in both yards.Pickens for the 123s are getting leaner,when I got into the cars back in 2004 you would see 10 or more 123 bodied cars. I buy ,fix ,then sell the 123 models ,its more of a hobbie than a business venture ,I guess Ive put together around 12 now,another 8 on other models .The one item the yards yeild for projects underway are usually nice interior items that you cant get anywhere else, it really is like a kid in a candy store .