View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 01:50 PM

Not all doom and gloom. I also usually find 80's 300SD at PickNPull's here, and their web listing doesn't distinguish 300D or 300SD. Last time in SoCal I visited Ecology in SFS and found several 300D's. Next time we visit San Diego, I'll hit a few junkyards. From Orange Country to SD along the coast was M-B heaven, or anywhere rich people live like San Francisco into Marin County. You easterners might try next time you visit Disneyland or Sea World. Nothing like rust-free parts. But RollGuy probably doesn't need the competition. Still, I think Ecology crushes them faster than local guys can get to them, since space is at a premium in the LA Basin.

My perspective is a bit different from my Mopars. I used to worry about parts for my 64-65 cars, but seem to find more of them lately at PickNPull. I used to find maybe one 1996-2000 minivan (always picked clean), but now they are flooding the junkyards. There are still plenty of M-B diesels sitting in people's rear drive they "plan to fix". As they give up or die, those cars often hit junkyards because their kids are too lazy to even try to sell them.